Frank C. Barnett, LSP
CSC, CMSA, CEHSMS, CSM, CSA
Mr. Barnett is a Licensed Safety Professional and has over twenty-five years experience in the environmental, health and safety management and technical disciplines, and holds several professional and technical certifications. In addition, his professional career has encompassed a broad spectrum of financial analysis, strategic and operations planning, manufacturing management and systems design and development.
Over the last twenty years his primary focus has been on the development and implementation of safety, environmental and health management and regulatory compliance programs and related training. He has served on several industry and environmental agency technical advisory and evaluation committees in the areas of reducing hazardous waste, air emissions and industrial waste water discharges from manufacturing operations through the development of alternative materials, processes and controls. He has served as an industry expert on several South Coast AQMD air quality rule development and technology assessment committees.
In 2003, Mr. Barnett was honored for his accomplishments in the environmental field by the North American graphic arts industry as the recipient the prestigious Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (GATF) "William D. Schaeffer, Graphic Arts Industry Environmental Award". The award, named for former GATF research director and pioneering environmental advocate William Schaeffer, recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions toward environmental awareness, education, technology advancement, and best practices in the printing and graphic communications industry.
Mr. Barnett has authored several Technical Bulletins on the environmental impact of advancements in printing processes and equipment and materials technology which have been made available to both industry and regulatory agency representatives.
Mr. Barnett developed the design of the combined HVAC system and cogeneration power plant that was basis upon which Anderson Lithograph achieved the AQMD "certified" total enclosure of their printing facility. This enabled the total capture and ultimate destruction of all fugitive emissions generated by the printing processes at the facility, eliminating in excess of 2,700,000 of volatile organic compounds (VOC's) from being emitted into the ambient since the project came on-line in 1995. This project was honored with the SCAQMD "Clean Air Award" and the State of California "Governors Environmental & Economic Excellence Award" in 2003.
From 1990 through 2009, Mr. Barnett held the position of Director, Manufacturing Systems, Environmental, Health and Safety, Facilities and Cogeneration Plant Operations at Anderson Lithograph, located in Commerce, California.
From 2011 through 2014, Mr. Barnett was the EHS Manager for Amonix LLC, a CPV solar power generation equipment designer and manufacturer in Seal Beach, California.
Mr. Barnett is a graduate of California State University at Long Beach, with a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Licensed Safety Professional
- Certified Safety Consultant
- Certified Master Safety Administrator
- Certified EHS Management Specialist
- Certified Safety Manager
- Certified Safety Auditor
- Certified Accident Investigation Technician
- Certified Job Hazard Analysis Technician
- Certified Ergonomics Technician
- Certified Forklift Safety & Training Specialist
- Certified Workplace Safety Inspection Specialist
- Certified DOT HAZMAT Technician
- Certified HAZWOPPER Training Specialist
- Certified OSHA Safety Program Trainer
- Certified Emergency Management Specialist
- Certified Integrated Safety Management Specialist
- Certified Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist
- Certified 40-Hour HAZMAT Emergency Responder
- Certified Industrial Forklift Operator
- National Association of Safety Professionals
- National Fire Protection Association
- Graphic Arts Technical Foundation
- SCAQMD Technology Assessment Committee - Alternative Materials